ROC Work Plan
• Inspire youth to get involved in efforts to make positive change
in their community.
• Creating an educational video on organizing strategy and histories
around Youth issues in 6 areas of the US by August 1, 2005. This video
will be about 30 minutes in length will answer the following questions:
o What is your organization working on? What were your tactics or strategies?
Why is it important for youth to get involved? (5 minute chunks June 1st,
o Areas covered in video: public school funding reform; EJ; police reform,
wellness; reclaiming community space; Education (education autonomy; court
ruling); corporate globalization; border mobilization
o Create 3 meeting spaces (winter, spring, summer) to connect Youth organizers
in 6 different areas around the US.
• Check in with our home organizations. DONE
• ID story lines in 6 cities (one for each community). DONE
• Find the common thread throughout the stories by January 12, 2005.
• Record and video 8 minutes June 1, 2005.
• Gather other necessary info for the documentary (ie. stats) by
June 1, 2005.
• Select and edit sound track (music, poetry, spoken word) by June
• Edit video by July 7, 2005.
• Translate by July 31, 2005.
• ID whether or not video conferences can happen with multiple partners.
• Use left over conference call minutes to connect youth.
• Have a winter meeting to discuss how youth got involved.
• Have a spring meeting to discuss youth organized and updates with
challenges and successes.
• Have a youth meeting to review tape sections and make comments
for other organizations (June 7, 2005).
• Community Empowerment
• Diffusing of information
• Modeling collaboration
• Create an example of engaging education tools
• Networking and information sharing among youth organizers and
• Youth and organizations develop skills for using video/media as
an outreach tool.
• Having a finished product and trip to Hawaii by August 2005.
• Implement the use of this video in trainings and recruitment at
• Make this video available to others via our organizational webpage.
• Do youth evaluation regarding product and process.
• Video conferencing facilities
• Video production training
• Secure image capturing devices